The components and Objectives of the Neurosciences Institute include
- a. Hospital Services with inpatient facilities to accommodate 300-600 patients with regular and emergency out- patient services both for the acute and chronic phase management of stroke, Traumatic Brain injury and Neuro -developmental disorders.
- b. A High Risk Maternity and Infant Hospital with High Risk Maternity Ward, high risk infant ward and child development unit.
- c. Manpower development in Neurology and Allied specialties – Post graduate and post-doctoral courses in behavioral neurosciences, cognitive Neurology, clinical neurophysiology, Neuro radiology and Neuro developmental and Neuro metabolic disorders.
- d. Research and Development in Developmental in Neurobiology, Neurodevelopmental Disorders like Autism ,Mental Retardation, Cerebral Palsy, single and multiple congenital anomalies, anoxic brain damage, childhood stroke and inborn errors of metabolism Acquired aphasias, Stroke and its complications, Dementia and the aging brain. R&D include development of drugs, identification of genetic and metabolic basis of developmental and acquired cognitive and language disorders and find measures of treatment and prevention of these disorders.
- e. Integrated Medical Research for Developmental disabilities and Non curable Neurological Disorders.